Scholarships and Awards
There are several miscellaneous in-course scholarships for which undergraduate students may be eligible. Except for the following three scholarships, students should be advised that there are no application procedures. Students will be awarded based on their eligibility under each scholarship's criteria. Please note that only St. George campus students are eligible for these awards.
George Mandler Research Fund:
Value: TBA (amount could be split up between multiple awardees)
Description: Awarded on the basis of academic merit to Psychology program students undertaking research initiatives in the Department of Psychology at the St. George Campus (not open to UTM/UTSC students). Financial need may also be considered.
Application Procedures: Fill out the required application form and submit it along with a printout of your academic history from ACORN/ROSI to the Undergraduate Administrator in Sidney Smith Hall, room 4014 by November 1st, 2018.
Linda Mamelak Undergraduate Award:
This award value varies from year to year and can be split up between multiple awardees. Students must qualify for OSAP, be in a St. George PSY Major or Specialist program, and have a CGPA of at least 3.0 or higher. Application forms can be downloaded here and are due by July 31st, 2018. Please submit applications to the Undergraduate Administrator in Sidney Smith Hall, room 4014. Note: Award not open to UTM/UTSC students.
Horace O. Frosty Steer Award in Psychology:
This award will go to a graduating student (June 2017 or November 2017) in the St. George PSY Specialist or Major programs or the Research Specialist who enrols in an approved graduate program in Psychology at the University of Toronto, concentrating in the area of problems of children. If you will be enrolling in and starting a graduate program this coming fall in this particular area of study, please fill out the application form and return it along with proof of your enrolment and of the concentration of your studies, as well as a printout of your academic history from ACORN/ROSI to the Undergraduate Administrator in Sidney Smith Hall, room 4014. Value varies from year to year in the range of $3000-4000 CDN. Deadline: July 31st, 2018. Note: Award not open to UTM/UTSC students.
Additional information on scholarships is available on the Faculty of Arts & Science website at: http://www.artsci.utoronto.ca/current/scholarships.
**2017 Psychology In-Course Scholarship/Award Recipients**
1. Linda Mamelak Undergraduate Award: Jennifer Petryschuk
2. The McNab Scholarship in Psychology: Priscilla Fung
3. The George Mandler Research Fund: Alyssa Sinclair/Danning Zhang
4. The Psychology Graditude Scholarship: Mari Rossi
5. The Dept. of Psychology Student Award: Julia Won
6. The John Davidson Ketchum Memorial Scholarship: Richard Kussinger/Laksmiina Balasubramaniam
7. The John Davidson Ketchum Memorial Bursary: Anna Petersson/Daryna Skybina
8. The Horace O. Frosty Steer Award: Eleanor Myatt
2018 NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRAs)
The Dept. of Psychology departmental deadline for NSERC USRA applications is Monday February 26th, 2018 . Students apply via the NSERC website. Applications must then be printed and submitted to the Undergraduate Administrator in Sid Smith, room 4014 along with an official UofT transcript and the student/supervisor certificate form. Please see the following for more information.
- Information/Procedures Sheet
- Application Checklist
- List of Eligible Psychology Department NSERC Supervisors
- Student/Supervisor Certification Form
- NSERC FAQs
- NSERC Sample Application Package
Dept. of Psychology Rules for NSERC Applications:
- We will not accept applications from students at other universities
- We will not accept applications from non-PSY Program students or UTM/UTSC students
- Students must have a current minimum CGPA of 3.0 on their transcript
- Students must be in at least second year to apply
- We will not accept LATE applications
- You MUST commit to the full 16-weeks of the work term (40 hours per week)
2018 University of Toronto Undergraduate Excellence Awards in the Natural Sciences and Engineering (UTEA-NSE)
Applications are due Monday March 5th, 2018 in SS 4014. We are only permitted to nominate 1-2 students from our department to be placed in the competition and we only nominate those who are in a St. George Psychology undergraduate program. Application package must include two copies of all application forms. If you are nominated, you may be asked to order an official UofT transcript.
Information on the 2018 UTEA-NSE awards:
2018 University of Toronto Excellence Award in the Social Sciences and Humanities (UTEA-SSH)Applications are due Monday March 5th, 2018 in SS 4014. We are only permitted to nominate 1-2 students from our department to be placed in the competition and we only nominate those who are in a St. George Psychology undergraduate program. Application package must include two copies of all application forms. If you are nominated, you may be asked to order an official UofT transcript.
Information on the 2018 UTEA-SSH awards: