Using the PSY100 Pool
This page contains all the information you need to apply for access to the PSY100 Participant Pool. Access is granted on a semester by semester basis. If you wish to renew a previously approved package, please refer to the instructions below.
To apply follow these steps:
- Please read this document carefully to determine if you are eligible to use the PSY100 Participant Pool.
Researchers are required to read the Principles and Procedures Governing the Use of the PSY100 Participant Pool before submitting their application package to the PSY100 office for approval. All personnel who will be involved in testing PSY100 participants must read this document.
- Submit a contract signed by the faculty supervisor and all personnel who will interact with PSY100 participants, affirming they have read all the relevant material and have agreed to comply with the PSY 100 Participant Pool Procedures (i.e., the documents from steps 1 & 2). Bring signed contracts to the main Psychology Department office (room SS4020). One contract is sufficient to cover all experiments in a laboratory, but each experimenter MUST sign the contract. If additional experimenters join the lab after you have submitted the original contract they must sign and submit an amendment to the contract.
- Create an account on the PSYNUP web system. Detailed instructions, including a necessary validation code, are available in Principles and Procedures Governing the Use of the PSY100 Participant Pool.
- Once your PSYNUP account is setup email the following material to the PSY100 pool coordinator at email@example.com.
- A copy of the Participant Consent Form approved by the Human Ethics Committee.
- If recruiting participants by phone, a copy of your phone script approved by the Human Ethics Committee.
- A copy of your Ethics
- A copy of the approval form for your study from the Human Ethics Committee.
- approved Debriefing Letter.
- A copy of the six questions and answers used to test participants.
- An Application Checklist.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Other than the contract (#3 above), the application process is paperless. That is, all materials are submitted electronically either over the PSYNUP system or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No hard copies will be accepted. Submitting hard copies may result in considerably delays, as we will not be checking the physical mailbox with any regularity.To renew an experiment that was approved in a previous term, find the study under the "closed studies" link in the "My Profile" tab of Psynup and click "Reopen Study". For a study to be renewed, your ethics approval must not have expired, if it has, please send the pool coordinator an up to date ethics approval letter.
Other Information and Forms:
- Student Receipt of Participation - All participants must receive a Receipt of Participation. This is the participant's proof of participation.